Lake Mývatn Yule-lads Experience is a holiday package where we focus on Icelandic christmas traditions and meet the famous Yule-lads. we operate this package in co-operation with the Cowshed Resort and other quality local service providersin the lake Mývatn area. The Cowshed Resort is a family run guesthouse, warm and cosy, built in 2005. The guesthouse consists of two loghouses with ten rooms each and one loghousewith family rooms and smaller double rooms, all with private bathrooms – a total of 26 rooms. The rooms are classical and well furnished. They are designed to let our guests feel good and relaxed in a unique natural environment.
During your stay you can choose from a variety of tours and activities. There are several Super-jeep tours that take you to see waterfalls, old volcanoes, northern lights and/or craters or Ice-caves. The activities include snowshoeing, Nordic skiing, Hiking and bathing in the Mývatn nature baths.
For a more information please see our .pdf flier Lake Mývatn Yule-Lads Experience
This package includes:
- Accommodation for two nights at Vogafjós Resort
- 2 x Two course dinner
- Pick up – Drop off at Akureyri airport
- Mývatn special sightseeing tour
- 1 x Admission to Mývatn nature baths including pick up and drop off
- 1 x Snowshoeing tour in Dimmuborgir and meet the infamous Yule-Lads
- 1 x Admission to Sigurgeir’s Cultural Center including pick up and drop off
For an extra charge you can: Upgrade all Super-jeep tour to Private tour or extend your stay.
Please note that this package does not include any flights and starts with a pickup at Akureyri or Húsavík airport and ends with a drop off at either airport.